Project name: Emergency Department
Client: Mater Private Hospital
Completed and opened on the 10th September 2018 the Mater Private Hospital Emergency Department provides a facility of expert emergency care designed specifically to provide urgent assessment and treatment of illness and injury. This complex project involved the phased refurbishment of approximately 400m² of existing ground floor consultant suites in Mater Private Hospital into a modern best-in-class accident and emergency department.
All works were completed on a phased basis in a live hospital with no shut-downs or loss of medical or hospital administrative services for the duration of the project. In addition, the requirement for full AC ventilation and other additional mechanical and electrical services meant that a 90m² extension to the existing 4th floor plant room was also required. The nature of working within a live hospital environment and the adjacencies between the new emergency department and the existing MRI and Diagnostic Imaging Department meant that the project was over 18 months in design development and planning, prior to construction commencing.
The new facility includes a new phlebotomy department, a new same-day-surgery facility & sports consultant suites with separate receptions. These rooms, located on the main hospital circulation corridor, lead to the new emergency department reception and waiting area. Within the department itself there is a mix of clinical consultant assessment suites, emergency medical assessment bays, a resuscitation bay and an isolation bay.
In addition, there are the associated recovery rooms and ancillary clinical rooms such as clean and dirty utility facilities. New accessible bathroom facilities were also constructed as one of the phases of the works.
These general works for the project were complimented by a full suite of specialist mechanical and electrical services installations including medical gases, HVAC, chilled water, fire protection, power & data, security, and BMS; all with associated plant and equipment.
The project commenced in March of 2018 and was completed within budget in September of 2018. It was constructed using the RIAI yellow form contract with quantities.
Chancery Group provided full Quantity Surveying and Cost Management services on the project from inception to completion.
Throughout the project, Colin and the Chancery Group team worked closely with the design team and client providing cost, programme, procurement and contract administration advice.
Our Services Included:
- Cost planning and provision of overall development budgets from inception stage until completion of design development
- Advising the client on the most suitable tendering procedures to accommodate their brief
- Assessing contractors for suitability for the tender competition
- Preparation of a full bill of quantities and pre-tender estimate Management and administration of the tender competition including all tender clarifications
- Tender assessment, evaluation and reporting
- Value Engineering services post tender in order to meet Mater Private funding targets
- Preparation of the required contract documents execution by all parties
- Full post contract cost management services including monthly financial statements, cashflow forecasts, and the cost control of the project in line with the contract requirements
- Prompt agreement of the final account with the contractor on completion of the works
The Steris project consisted of a Portal Framed Warehouse unit of approximately 1,912 square meters together with associated services, dock levellers, access doors, pump house of approximately 34
Project Name Electrical Infrastructure Upgrade Client Mater Private Hospital Architect MCA Architects Engineering Consultant Varmings Consulting Engineers Main Contractor King
Name: Mount Lucas Training FacilityLocation: National Construction Training Centre, Drumcraw, Mount Lucas, Co. Offaly.Sector: Education The construction of a new 700m 2 training workshop with a two