|Project Name||Electrical Infrastructure Upgrade|
|Client||Mater Private Hospital|
|Engineering Consultant||Varmings Consulting Engineers|
|Main Contractor||King & Moffat Ltd.|
As part of future-proofing, the hospital services installation to allow for future expansion Mater Private Hospital completed a full Electrical Infrastructure Upgrade to their campus in Dublin City Centre. This work commenced in 2018 and was completed in August 2019.
The works included the construction of a new 100m2 basement generator plant room within the existing East car park, the supply and installation of a new 2,500KvA generator set with remote radiators located on the existing roof of the main hospital, the relocation of the existing 1,500KvA generator set to the new generator room and extensive additional low and medium voltage electrical installation works and switchgear.
All works were completed on a phased basis and included no loss of services to the hospital as a result of complex micro-programmed shut-down and transfer procedures.
The contract included for the employment of a number of specialists including generator supply by FG Wilson, Specialist Anti-Vibration and Acoustic Installation works by CDM and MV Switchgear by ABB and all mechanical installation works by AirCon Mech.
Chancery Group provided full Quantity Surveying and Cost Management services on the project from inception to completion.
Throughout the project, Colin and the Chancery Group team worked closely with design team, client and specialist contractors to provide accurate cost, programme, procurement and contract administration advice.
Our Services Included:
- Cost planning and provision of overall development budgets from inception stage until completion of design development
- Advising the client on the most suitable tendering procedures to accommodate their brief
- Assessing contractors for suitability for the tender competition
- Preparation of a full bill of quantities and pre-tender estimate Management and administration of the tender competition including all tender clarifications
- Tender assessment, evaluation and reporting
- Value Engineering services post tender in order to meet Mater Private funding targets
- Preparation of the required contract documents execution by all parties
- Full post contract cost management services including monthly financial statements, cashflow forecasts, and the cost control of the project in line with the contract requirements
- Prompt agreement of the final account with the contractor on completion of the works
Benefits of Service/Innovation
A requirement of our service was to split-out various elements of the overall contract price into separately identifiable and trackable capital expenditure cost in order to synchronise our reporting with MPH funding requirements. This allowed MPH to accurately attribute different costs against previously agreed capital expenditure budgets within their own in-house financial planning.
Our post-tender value engineering services and negotiations produced savings of over €150,000 for Mater Private without affecting the project brief or reducing the scope for the Emergency Department. These savings were achieved through extensive work with MCA Architects and CSD Services Consultants to come up with alternative more cost-effective construction materials, product specifications and methodologies for construction and phasing.
Through various value engineering and cost control measures we were able to generate savings of approximately €50,000 through post-contract negotiations with the main Contractor.
The Steris project consisted of a Portal Framed Warehouse unit of approximately 1,912 square meters together with associated services, dock levellers, access doors, pump house of approximately 34
Project Name Electrical Infrastructure Upgrade Client Mater Private Hospital Architect MCA Architects Engineering Consultant Varmings Consulting Engineers Main Contractor King
Name: Mount Lucas Training FacilityLocation: National Construction Training Centre, Drumcraw, Mount Lucas, Co. Offaly.Sector: Education The construction of a new 700m 2 training workshop with a two